Thursday, February 26, 2009

More oppurtunities----Be an entrepreneur


Ms. CINDY, director of Vina House, a real entrepreneur in terms of her abilities & attitude. Vina House has become a land-mark of semarang. Its infrastructure, its design, its architecture has become a hot talk in Semarang.
She is an entrepreneur who has ability and attitude to run and manage her very own Vina House. She is not only an entrepreneur but she is a good human also. Involved in so many social issues, she has reputed her name even more in levels.

Below is the interview with Ms. Cindy

Q-What is entrepreneurship according to you?
A-Entrepreneurship is all about running our own business with our own vision & own flag. It is very different from professionalism.

Q-How did you start your business?
A-I worked for ABN-AMRO bank for 11 years. I was VP and credit structuring head in the bank when I left the job. But my husband wanted me to start our own business & this is how “Vina House” concept came in our mind. He wanted to make a new creation for Semarang, a land-mark for Semarang. So in 2002 we started with our own business & I must say we are successful today. Vina house is totally handled by me as my husband handles his own furniture business.

Q-How you find entrepreneurship?
A-Its very different from professionalism. There are more responsibilities in entrepreneurship. Its different case in entrepreneurship. We have different vision & Success is in our hand. The first thing which I learned is to get involved fully in the business, and also you have to be creative & innovative. We don’t know what will happen next & what will be result or outcome. Then we have to make next strategy and move forward.

Q-What is the main concept of Vina House?
A-The main concept for Vina House is fun-dining restaurant. As my husband has his own factory of exporting furniture, all furniture used in Vina House was our own furniture. Fun-dining restaurant is present at second floor and there is an executive meeting room present at third floor.

Q-How do you feel being an entrepreneur?
A-I am enjoying a lot. It attracts to me to do new things, new thoughts, new success, and new results. Also there are more authorities & responsibilities. I am feeling more creative. My leadership skills are enhancing and one good thing is, I am employing MBAs now for managing Vina House.

Q-What is the most important thing you consider for running a business?
A-The most important thing is personal approach. We have to meet personally with our customers or clients. It gives them more satisfaction & reliability. This is what I do for Vina House. When I started this business all people think that Vina House is very expensive, but I tried to change the perception of all the people through marketing and personal approach, and I am successful now.
Q-What message you want to give to young Entrepreneurs?
A-I just wanted to say
-Try your best
-Be persistent
-Dare to take risk
-Don’t give up until you become what you want to be
-Be like a spider, who never gives up in life
-keep same passion till last

No comments: